Court Bonds

 Responsive.  Licensed in 50 states. Experienced with Court Bonds.

✔ Appeal bonds
✔ TRO/Injunction bonds
✔ All Court bonds


Court bonds have remained at the heart of International Sureties since 1972.  Each bond is different and court requirements vary across all 50 states.  Your bond will always be issued by a court qualified surety company, and we have the ability to act quickly.  

E-mail, call or request to be contacted by one of our lead Court Bonds Specialists to discuss your case.

Certain Courts have local surety requirements – will my bond be acceptable?

We are aware of the notorious courts that have special filing requirements, and will take the appropriate measures to use an acceptable surety to the court.

What is a Court bond?

During the course of judicial proceedings where a litigant is given some sort of relief in advanceof a final decision by the court on the merits of the claim, said litigant must file bond with surety to protect the opposing litigant from loss in case the final decision, once it is made, is adverse to the litigant to whom the provisional remedy was granted.

In which Courts can we issue bonds?

We are licensed in all states and make arrangements to comply with courts that have local filing requirements. Additionally, we will always place your bond with a surety company that is licensed in the state where the court is located.

For assistance with Court Bonds, please contact one of our Court Bonds specialists:

Conway Marshall

Amanda Riedl
(504) 581-1864



Clark Fitz-Hugh
(504) 581-4231



Bond Definitions

Appeal / Supersedeas bonds

When a judgment has been rendered against a defendant, and the defendant wishes to appeal, to stay execution of the judgment the defendant must post a bond to guarantee satisfaction of the judgment, with interest and costs, if it be affirmed by the appellate court. 

Attachment bonds

act as security to protect a defendant from damages if his property is wrongfully attached by the plaintiff.

Condemnation bonds

guarantee fair payment to a private property owner for the condemning of their property. The amount of the bond is settled upon in a Court hearing with the property owner and company who is condemning the land. A condemnation bond almost always is accompanied by a cost bond securing costs of the Court.

Cost bonds

guarantee payment of court costs to the court.

Garageman's Lien bonds

guarantee payment of a tower’s invoice for services in exchange for return of the tractortrailer while the invoice is disputed or litigated.

Jury Cost bonds

guarantee to the court that all costs related to a trial by jury will be paid by the bond principal, which is the party requesting the jury trial. 

Preliminary Injunction Bond / TRO Bond (Temporary Restraining Order)

The two bonds are the same with the name varying by state. Bond is often required when the court issues a restraining order or injunction restraining a party from doing a particular thing. Thesecurity amount is set by the judge and protects the restrained party from damages if it is finally decided that the injunction was wrongfully issued.


actions are normally filed by the party holding funds to which two or more other parties make claims. The purpose of the Interpleader bond is to relieve the party that owes the money from further action while the other parties litigate their claims to the money.

Lost Instrument bonds

can be given in certain cases in which a duplicate of an instrument can be issued if the original has been lost, stolen or destroyed. Only those that are made payable to order of a named payee and are transferable only by the endorsement of or an assignment by the payee can obtain duplicates. The bond guarantees that the original, if found, will not be turned in for payment. Typical instruments that apply are certified checks, cashiers or treasurers checks, certificates of deposit, stock certificates, savings bank books and life insurance policies.

Mechanic’s Lien bonds

release a lien on property. Liens typically ariseover payment disputes between contractors and homeowners. With the lien will prevent the owner from selling the property, and releasing the lien through posting bond returns that right to the homeowner.

Medical Malpractice Cost bonds

secure payment of the cost of a medical review panel in medical malpractice litigation. These are most often found in Louisiana.

PACA (Reparation) bonds

are needed when a foreign company files a formal complaint against a PACA licensed firm. The amount of the bond is double the amount of the complaint.

PACA (Employment) bonds

are obtained by a licensed firm who would like to hire an individual who is currently under employment restrictions. The bond provides assurance that business will be conducted in accordance with the PACA, and is held by PACA for 4 year plus 9 months.

PACA (License) bonds

are needed when a company or principals of a company have been involved in a bankruptcy within the last three years. The bond provides assurance that business will be conducted in accordance with the PACA. These bonds are held by PACA for 3 years plus 9 months.

Replevin or Sequestration bonds

are given to protect a defendant from damages suffered as a result of loss of use of repossessed property if it is later determined that the replevin or sequestration action was wrongfully issued.

Sheriff’s Indemnity bonds

secure the sheriff or marshal charged with the duty of executing the seizure of property in the event that damages are suffered by the party whose property has been seized as aresult of wrongful seizure. The amount of bond is typically twice the value of the property, but can vary from state to state.

Receiver bonds

are given upon the appointment of the Receiver to protect the defendant party from damages that may result from the appointment and acts of the receiver in case it be finally decided that a receiver should not have been appointed.

Release of Attachment bond

run counter to an attachment bond. In exchange for receiving the attached property, the defendant can post the bond to act as security in an equal amount to the valueof the property and guarantees the defendant’s debt will still be paid.

Utility bonds

are often required of utility customers to ensure they will pay all bills due for utility services. If a principal on a bond fails to pay on time and in full, the utility company can file a claim against the bond.

Vessel Release bonds

are given to the Court typically for in kind value as to the amount of the arresting party’s claim against the vessel or the vessel’s value itself in exchange for release of the vessel.


Fiduciary bonds

are sometimes required by the court from a person acting in a fiduciary capacity. The bond acts as security to ensure the fiduciary performs their duties in an honest and faithful manor.

Administrator bonds

guarantee the administrator of a deceased person’s estate will distribute the remaining assets of the estate appropriately and not misuse for personal gain.

Conservator bonds

are a fiduciary guarantee required by the court of the person appointed to administer the estate of one who has been declared incompetent.

Executor bonds

guarantee to the heirs that the executor will administer the decedent’s estate according to the will.

Guardian bonds

ensure that the affairs of a minor or incapacitated person are handled properly bythe guardian.

Tutor bonds

ensure the minor’s assets remains properly managed until the minor reaches majority age or the appropriate age required in the case.

Curator bonds

are sometimes required by the court to guarantee the curator performs their duties according to the law.

About Us

Helping our Clients Since 1972

International Sureties is the most specialized commercial surety bond facility in the country. Our narrow focus and the experience of our team has made us the leader in the industry. 

The company is licensed in all 50 states and has facilities in place to assist on an international basis. Woffer solid surety credit and capacity, and have arrangements and authority to answer your questions quickly and decisively.

Receive a Call or Email

Call, email, or submit this form to get in touch so we can get you the bond you need.